Our attempt is to make SpotLaw App easy to navigate and intuitive to use. We follow design thinking approach when creating the user interface. If you find it difficult or have suggestions for improvements, do not hesitate to contact us with your feedback.
12. On the extreme top right below this box you will find the following icon to download the Text of the Judgment. This icon is enabled when the PDF of the judgement is available in the expected format. You can download and view the PDF by tapping on this icon. All the judgments have been uniformly formatted with running para numbers. This is an internationally accepted practice for Neutral Citation as it helps referring to the relevant portions of the judgment.
14. When you will click on the Bookmark Icon, you will get the option to create a new collection or use an existing collection. Think of these collections as your personal library of the judgements you want to access quickly. All the judgments bookmarked by you will continue to be automatically updated with the latest judgments in which the said judgment has been referred etc. Your collections are private to you
20. Statute Index gives you list of all the Acts, Rules, Regulations etc. along with the Articles, Sections, Rules etc. referred in that judgement. As you will click on any Articles, Sections, Rules etc. of any Acts, Rules, Regulations etc. you will get all the judgments of Supreme Court with reference to that.
27. Appellant - If you know the name of the Appellant or Petitioner and wish to search the judgment on that basis, select the Appellant from the drop own menu and enter the name of the Appellant or Petitioner in the box and click on Search Button. You will get all the judgments in which the word occurs in the name of the Appellant.
29. Respondent – If you know the name of the Respondent and wish to search the judgment on that basis, select the Respondent from the drop own menu and enter the name of the Respondent in the box and click on Search Button. You will get all the judgments in which the word occurs in the name of the Appellant.
31. Citation: If you have the Citation and is searching for the judgment details with respect to the same, you can use the citation search and enter the citation in your hand and click the Search Button. Immediately you will get the link to the desired judgment. Example: If you give 2001 INSC 0001 as the citation. You can also enter partial information, e.g. 2001 INSC
36. As you enter the name of the Statute, the list will scroll down to take you to the relevant statute. Example, if you give Constitution of India, you will get the following Screen. It shows various statutes by the name Constitution and the number of Articles considered under each Statute. Under each statute you will find the number of judgments which have considered Articles of Constitution. Under one judgment multiple articles of constitution are considered.
37. If you select Consitution of India, you will find the following screen. This gives you various judgments under each Article. Under Article 1 are 15 judgments, under Article 2 are 11 judgments. As you click on any of the Article , it will give you all the judgments in which that Article is referred or condsidered.
43. Chatbot giving you information about Supreme Court of India: At the right bottom of the screen you will see a Chatbot Icon. This is the first legal Chatbot which gives you all the information about Supreme Court. This is the first application of AI to law. As you continue to ask questions, more and more information will continue to come.
Thanks for using SpotLaw App
This manual is illustrative and should be used as a guideline. We continue to enhance the spp and user experience. Some of the information provided here may change over time. We continue to refine our data and algorithms to make it easier for you to conduct your research, prepare for a case, do case studies and other desired usages in legal domain.